Re: selector negation (was: Re: New version of the Selectors module of CSS3)

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> | > Since there are two elements that accept keyboard events, yes, that
> | > exactly
> | > what I think.
> |
> | That goes against the behaviour of every UI I know of. For instance, on
> | Windows, OK buttons don't have the dotted focus rectangle when a field is
> | focussed (they have a black outline instead). On Mac, the ok-button
> | equivalents have a thick outline, but it is not in the highlight colour,
> | as fields do when they have focus.
>
> What makes you think that the UI hasn't a stylesheet like:
>
> :focus {
>   border: 1px silver dotted
> }
>
> input[type=submit]:focus {
>   border: 2px black solid
> }
>
> ?

Because when you actually do give focus to a button, there are both
outlines. Try playing around with the buttons of the taskbar properties
dialog box, for example, if you are on Windows.

--
Ian Hickson                                     )\     _. - ._.)       fL
Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'