Re: Default XSL stylesheet for XHTML documents

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> Also sprach Ian Hickson:
>
>  > > And of course there are the practical issues like the fact that
>  > > XSL-FO lets me produce a high-quality PDF and bring it to the local
>  > > print shop while CSS doesn't.
>  >
>  > I do not understand this. Assuming CSS3 has all the capabilities of
>  > XSL:FO, why would XSL:FO be any better at making PDFs than CSS?
>
> Which again begs the question: why hasn't anyone produced a decent
>
>    X(HT)ML + CSS -> PDF
>
> converter?

Sorry Håkon, you need a better information source :-) The new
version of STTS and its implementation, just in front of me, is
able to generate another format from markup. Of course, it reuses
CSS general syntax, and of course it extensively uses selectors on
the right hand side of declarations !

Hop !

</Daniel>