Re: CSS and HTML head elements

The Mozilla engine can display head elements (last time I checked anyway).
But not with the CSS you've presented.

If you look at the user agent style sheet for Mozilla you'll find:
head { display: none}

so to override it, you'd have to use:
head * { display: none } /* to hide all the other head elements, othewise
they'll be inline, the default */
head, head style { display: block } /* to make the head and style elements
display */