Re: Minor error in CSS2, section 14.2; 'background'

gordon wrote:

> [...]

No, not silly at all. And not an all or nothing scenario either, except
that it is I suppose all or nothing on a per element basis.

It just requires looking at a tree structured view. Or to put it another
way, noting that an element includes its start tag, its end tag, and all
of its content (including its children).

So clearly, the HTML element is rendered - otherwise nothing would be
seen. And clearly, the HEAD element is not rendered. In other words

html > head {display: none }
html > body {display: block }

not

html { display: none}

which would produce completely empty result trees and thus, no content.

--
Chris