Re: Minor error in CSS2, section 14.2; 'background'

gordon wrote:

> Easy enough.
>
> A document with style added to the html element:
> http://gly.fsu.edu/~gordon/html.html
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://gly.fsu.edu/~gordon/html.html
>
> The same document with the style attribute removed:
> http://gly.fsu.edu/~gordon/html2.html
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://gly.fsu.edu/~gordon/html2.html
>
> [please note that these are very simple documents!]

But this is valid:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-html-in-xml-19990304/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet href="style-on-html.css"?>
<head>
<title>html and style.</title>
</head>

Run this page through the W3C validator.
The results will show how to put style on the html element.

where style-on-html.css has

html { background-color:#806040 }

Now its valid, and we can discuss whether background should apply to
html or whether it only applies to its children, etc.

--
Chris