Re: Minor error in CSS2, section 14.2; 'background'

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:30:06 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>The CSS2 spec says, in section 14.2:
># For HTML documents...

[...]

>I believe there is a slight error in this paragraph, in that every
>occurance of 'background' should actually read 'background-color'.

>The 'background' property cannot have the value 'transparent', since
>it is a shorthand property.

I'm getting confused?
None of the two available CSS lints flags errors for this test.

  .test {
     color : #000000;
     background : transparent none repeat;
  }

How to interpret that, if the 'background' property can not be given a
value of 'transparent' ?

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://extra.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>