Re: Column proposal in CSS-3 - Need for :column pse...

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Sjoerd Visscher wrote:

> Should the proposal state that :column(last) has lower specificity
> than :column(<number>), or should they have the same specificity?

I'd say same, otherwise things get way too complicated. If you want
one to override the other, then put it later in the stylesheet!

(I would also say that specificity concerns are out of scope for this
proposal -- details of specificity belongs in the cascade module, not
the column module.)

--
Ian Hickson
"I take a Professor Bullett approach to my answers. There's a high