Re: New Working Draft : BECSS

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Can you please all answer to the 3 following questions (mark answer with X)?
>
> YES	NO	QUESTION
>
> [X]	[ ]	Should CSS and Behavioral Extensions be mergeable in a
> 		single file, from a web author's perspective ?

Yes, in exactly the same way as SVG's CSS-like extensions should be
usable in the same stylesheet.

> [X]   [ ]	Should the text/css mimetype be used for CSS and BECSS ?

Yes, just as SVG's CSS extensions will have the mime type text/css and
all XML documents (will) have the text/xml mime type.

The mime type here is actually giving the 'format' of the document,
not the likely scope of the contents.

> [ ]	[X]	Should we propose instead a new mimetype

No, see above.

> [ ]   [X]     and a new rel/rev value ?

Definitely not; using inline links to style and script sheets is a bad
thing anyway. The way forward is with external links/reusable packages.

This allows us to more cleanly separate content (the data) and
interface (the style and scripts).

--
Ian Hickson
"I take a Professor Bullett approach to my answers. There's a high