RE: forwarded message from Paul Brazelton

Daniel Glazman [mailto:Daniel.Glazman@der.edf.fr] wrote:
>I have asked twice to Thomas Reardon, Microsoft representative at W3C, to
>tell us if MS has an equivalent patent in another country. I obtained
>no answer at all. My messages had a Cc to MS lawyer, she did not answer
>either.

I will follow up and see; I do not believe Microsoft has any equivalent
patents in any other countries, and I am sufficiently ignorant of patent law
to know what the precise applicability of a U.S. patent is outside the U.S.

>It seems that Microsoft CSS algo forgot to implement
>'background-color : transparent' :-( Really a shame.

I'm not sure what that statement is doing in the middle of this discussion,
but it is in fact false.  IE DOES implement "background-color: transparent".
If you send CSS problems you encounter to me, I will investigate and make
sure real bugs are entered in our database; that is, after all, my job.

-Chris Wilson