Re: min-font-size

Ian Hickson <py8ieh@bath.ac.uk> wrote:
[...]
> An alternative idea, which has been talked about in the past in other
> lists (and which, I believe, was also suggested by David Baron) is to
> introduce two new declarations similar to !important: !minimum and
> !maximum. These would have a subtly and carefully crafted effect on
> the cascade so that the correct value was always chosen.
>
> An example of how this could be used is:
>
>    * { font-size: 9px ! minimum; font-size: 200% ! maximum; }
>
> ...which would imply that no element can have text smaller than 9px, and
> no element can have text bigger than twice its parents font-size.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but what happens when the parent's font size
is 4px? I think this method would have a very complex set of interaction
rules.

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david@heroes.force9.co.uk

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brain."
"Yes," said Piglet. "Rabbit has Brain."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that's why he never understands anything."
 -- A.A. Milne