Re: Inheritance?

>From: Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr@Adobe.COM>
>Given a style declaration of:
>
>	<STYLE type="text/css">
>	<!--
>		.dynamic-style {text-indent : 24px}
>	-->
>	</STYLE>
>

>Why does this NOT work?
>	<P class="dynamic-style"><SPAN>standard paragraph with a first line
>indent</SPAN></P>
>

>and this does?
>	<P><SPAN class="dynamic-style">standard paragraph with a first line
>indent</SPAN></P>

I would think that the first example should work, but the second example
should not work.  This is because text-indent should only apply to block-level
elements (such as P) but not to inline elements (such as SPAN).  Could you
have gotten the examples mixed up?

David Baron

L. David Baron         | Freshman, Harvard
dbaron@fas.harvard.edu | < http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >
Webmaster, International Weather Satellite Imagery Center, etc.