RE: CSS equivalent to the NOBR tag?

    . . .
> In the next level of CSS, you may be able to achieve the effect, but
> in a slightly different way: a new value 'inline-block' has been
> proposed for the 'display' property, to create (multi-line) blocks in
> the middle of a line (e.g., for the BUTTON element of HTML). Using
> that, you could do:

Definitely closer.   However this is still slightly different because it
changes the layout of explicit line-break such as <BR>.  This is a minor point
and probably insignificant to the issue.  I can't see any reason why this
would be desired.

I suppose a designer would then have to make sure his margins, paddings,
borders, and baseline vertical alignment to make sure it does not appear to be
in a block.

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    "Everyone a mentor, Everyone a pupil"