Minimum CSS support profile (was RE: OPINIONS WANTED: regexps in CSS?)

I fully realize that CSS2 is already well out of reach for the next
generation of Web browsers. While it's great to see work being done to make
CSS a more powerful mechanism for layout, I really wish there were a means
of divorcing the enhancements--at least, the bulk of them--from the
clarifications made to the CSS1 spec. I think it's very important that those
clarifications be reflected in browsers sooner rather than later.

I think some kind of "errata" addendum to the CSS1 spec would help underline
this.

Braden