RE: Netscape

I appreciate your comments.  I would like to get an example that is 100%
compliant to the spec.  And then use that to point out the problems in the
browser implementations.

On Monday, March 09, 1998 10:16 AM, David Perrell [SMTP:davidp@earthlink.net]
wrote:
> I believe this works only because IE treats BODY as having a position
> property value other than normal.
 . . .

>   BODY {
>       position: absolute;
>       top: 0;
>       left: 0;
>       bottom: 0;
>       right: 0; }
 . . .

I tried inserting this code, and all I got in NN4 was a right-hand scrollbar.
 In IE4 in came out almost correct, except it had right and bottom margin
(this went away when I add the "margin:0; padding:0;" that I began with).

The problems I see in NN4 with this are:
   background color is limited to only the text area, instead of the whole
box.  This is noticable in the header and the sidebar,
   letter spacing is ignored (in the header text),
   "overflow: scroll;" did not result in a scroll bar (in div#main),
   and #footer { position: absolute; top: 90%; height: 10%; } resulted in the
footer's top at the bottom of the unscrolled page.

I've updated the page to include your code.

Andrew n marshall
 student - artist - programmer
  http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm
   "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"