RE: fonts

Forgive me for interrupting:

Frank Boumphrey wrote:
> You wont fint 'Helevetica ' on most PC's, i.e. 90% of the
> desktop's out
> there, although most browsers are smart enough to substitute Arial for
> Helvetica.

Hopefully the browser does not have much to do with the substitution since
there is a system alias for that font name.  Any program call to the system
for the Helvetica font should return Arial (or any other defined font
alias).

Windows has aliased Helvetica to Arial since Windows 3.1 (that I can
confirm, my memory is uncertain about 3.0 though I believe it was present
there as well).  Check your win.ini file for the font aliases defined on
your system under the heading [FontSubstitutes].

What this has to do with www-style I'm uncertain but it will hopefully show
that while Helvetica my not be installed on most Windows machines it is
indeed 'found' there.  (Though I would always choose sans-serif as a
backup.)

Lourdes