Re: Style sheet and Netscape

Braden N. McDaniel wrote:
> > > Not so. If the attribute of FONT is recognized at all, it
> > would override the
> > > color specified for BODY. Inheritance is the *default*
> > behavior, when the
> > > color for an element is not specified. In this case, it
> > *is* specified.

>From the cite you provide, this statement is refuted. Here it is:

"The UA may choose to honor other stylistic HTML attributes, for example
'ALIGN'. If so, these attributes are translated to the corresponding CSS
rules with specificity equal to 1. The rules are assumed to be at the
start of the author style sheet and may be overridden by subsequent
style sheet rules."

The salient point is that the <FONT> declaration (which is in conflict
with the style declaration), would be assumed to be at the start of the
author style sheet, and would therefore be overridden.

Braden N. McDaniel wrote:
> As I have just previously posted to www-style, this is covered in section
> 3.2 of the CSS1 spec. ...

See above, unless you are suggesting that the specificity in this case
is _not_ equal to one?

Sue Jordan