RE: style sheet in frameset

[snip]

> Braden, I have no access to my old mail right now due to a HD
> failure (it's
> on backup somewhere), but the gist of the answer I got from the HTML
> working group was that you cannot load a new page into an <OBJECT> using
> target a la IFRAME. I do not know if the <OBJECT> source URL property will
> be exposed to JavaScript or not. This was in Nov last year.

I stand corrected. From section 13.5 of the HTML 4 spec:

"Authors may use either the IFRAME element or the OBJECT element for this
purpose, but the elements differ in some ways. Not only do the two elements
have different content models, the IFRAME element may be a target frame..."

Now if someone could just explain to me *why* these elements must have
different content models, and this functionality of IFRAME could not have
been folded into OBJECT, giving us one less element to mess with. (No, I'm
not interested in political answers.)

Prismatic Booger
Braden N. McDaniel, braden@shadow.net
<http://www.shadow.net/%7Ebraden/>