Re: Functional notations (was: How to tell the browser that <A> is a link.)

Ian Hickson wrote:

> >This idea is VERY interesting and I am clearly supporting the concept
> >even if I'm not supporting the way it is done.
>
> Hi Daniel!
> Hey, not getting picky or anything, but are you going to say that to *all*
> my ideas? ;-) [1]

It's a postprocessor implemented in my sendmail which adds these lines when
it recognizes your email in Cc ;-)))))

> What I was really proposing was the *personality property* to describe what
> an element is, e.g. normal stuff or a link or a check box or a button. Read

Glorgl :-( Sorry for misunderstanding. This kind of things happen when
you have to much coffee in your blood (and sometimes blood in your
coffee..)

>   ACRONYM.W3C { personality: hyperlink;
>                 href: url(http://www.w3.org/); }
>
>   Visit the <ACRONYM CLASS=W3C>W3C</ACRONYM> web
>   site for all the answers.
>
> Which requires no knowledge of the DTD any more than P{color:navy} does.

Right. Does it mean you can define let's say the SPROTCH element in a XML document
with no attribute list and say _through CSS 2_ it should act as a hyperlink ?
Hmmm. Is it really the purpose of a **Style** Sheet ?

</Daniel>