Re: Maybe I'm wrong about the Cascading order

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Bert Bos wrote:

> Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor writes:
>  > I went back and re-read the sections on the cascading order is CSS1 and
>  > CSS2, and I'm a little confused.
>  >
>  > If an author style sheet has the rule  ``EM { color: black }'', and
>  > the user style sheet has the rule ``P EM { color: white }''.   In the case
>  > where an EM element is inside a P element, is its content black or white?
>  > I thought it'd be white.  But after reading the specs I'm not so sure.
>
> It's black.

Oh, Then in my post ``Sove Views on CSS'' I'm wrong about not being able
to override all user selectors.  Looks like the W3C is way ahead of me.
But the rest of the post I think contains some good thougs.

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"