Re: i have little problem...

On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 22:23:44 +0200, Luka Gerzic <stinger@opennet.org>
wrote:

> but there is little problem that i can't solve for now.. 8)
> how can i put my script in file (i.e style.css) with my setting's from
> html page?

In your <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section of the page, include something like
this (as snipped from one of my own pages)

<HEAD>
<LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="include/dtek-styles1.css" TYPE="text/css"
 MEDIA="screen" TITLE="Generic stylesheet for my web-site">
<STYLE TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="screen" TITLE="Change of background">
<!--
  BODY { background: url(graphics/rex-back.gif) left top fixed #FFFFFF }
-->
</STYLE>
</HEAD>

The first <LINK... will cause a style aware browser to go out and look
for the file "dtek-styles1.css" and use the stylerules found there to
control rendering of your page.

Because there's a "nasty" bug in Netscape 4.0x making it resolve URL's
included in the css file starting from the "wrong" point, it's highly
advisable to keep any style rule that contains URL's for img's and
similar things in the <HEAD> ... </HEAD> section as described for BODY
above.

Hope this helps a bit on the way :-)

--
Jan Roland Eriksson - d.tek.jre@ebox.tninet.se