font-size, destroying HTML documents in CSS

Steve Knoblock wrote, in reply to Liam Quinn:

>> I can destroy any document's value with ignorance, even
>> if it uses only HTML 2.0 and no CSS.
>
> Exactly how to apply CSS or structure markup is not something
> that should be dictated---there is too much room for
> disagreement. It's up to the author to be responsible, not to
> expect the HTML standard to save them.

Experienced authors and beginners alike can cause display of
an HTML document with the wrong relative text sizes, using CSS1
style rules and CSS-supporting user agents, by accident.

This paper [1] is an attempt in-progress to reconcile HTML font
size with CSS font-size.

[1] Font Size in Web Pages
    SMALL, BIG, FONT SIZE, and font-size Tests
    http://www.macvirus.com/test/font/

--
Susan Lesch
Mac Virus