Re: a vote for rotation

On Nov 25, Space Cowboy wrote:

> While it's probably quite complex and a little complicated to deal with,
> wouldn't it be nice if you could have a rotate property in CSS? Even if
> it's only the cardinal points (0, 90, 180, 270 degrees), I think it
> would be a real boon to pages. I've had lots of times I wanted write

Yes, this would for example be very useful for table cells in tables
with many columns. A typical example is a boolean table with a top
row (and left column) of labels in header cells, and with the data
cells either empty or containing some single character to indicate
presence. If the top row cell contents could be rotated 90 degrees,
it could have a big effect on the width of the table.

This is especially important when printing the table on paper. Next
version of my program html2ps will have support for this (at first
by using something like <TH class=rot90>).

Jan Karrman
Dept. of Scientific Computing
Uppsala University
Sweden