From: Gordon Blackstock <gordon@quartz.gly.fsu.edu>
To: 'Steve Mulder' <smulder@ziff.shore.net>; www-style@w3.org
<www-style@w3.org>
Date: Monday, July 28, 1997 9:33 AM
Subject: running IE3 and IE4 on the same computer [was: Issue 1: Font-weight
and headings]

Actually, this is one of the best "features" of the MS browsers.  The worst
part of web development is having to accommodate people who are still using
versions 1 and 2 of Navigator - "crippleware."  The features of the level 4
browsers [vs. level 3 and below] approach the differences between Lynx and
the first version of Mosaic.  At some point, as developers, you have to make
the hard decision to cut off old technologies;  how many of you still write
and/or compile programs that will run on an 8088 or an 80286?  Better still,
any TRS-80 UA authors out there?

gordon