Re: HSL (fwd)

MegaZone wrote:
> Would HSL be something that doesn't take practice?  It seems like any
> format would require practice to use effectively.

More to the point,  there are a class of people who would be able
to deal with this more effectively than RGB.

> color so the system used really doesn't matter.  And to mean that means
> there is no point adding yet other options.

No,  I don't think that follows.

> In the real world that that means is something else that will NOT be
> supported.  Just as the RGB percentile values aren't now by the major
> browsers.  The more possible systems, the greater the likelyhood of
> deployment issues, which is a major pain for developers already.  The fewer
> the possible systems, the more reliable support will be, and the easier
> it is for authors to develop pages.

While this is probably true (although I *do* support percentiles).  I
don't particularly understand it.  Percentiles take even less effort.
But I'm not in favor of getting into predicting the behavior of browser
vendors.  If I were to do that I'd advise dropping alot of things.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com
Silicon Graphics/SSO			http://reality.sgi.com/drand