RE: Introducing NetscapeML

We have been actively working with this particular speech access company
to resolve this problem.  We have been informed that it is a problem
with their software and their is nothing we can modify on our end to
help.  We are continuing to provide assistance for resolving their
problem.   Other screen readers are working with Internet Explorer.
With the feedback we have received from the Beta 1 release, they will
work even better.

We are working hard to make Internet Explorer a very accessible product.
 Consider the following features that will available in the final
version (most will be in Beta 2):

* Move quickly through hyperlinks, imagemaps, images with hyperlinks,
frames, and forms via the TAB key
* Quickly move the focus between frames using CTRL+TAB
* Support for future access products by incorporating Microsoft's
ActiveX Accessibility
* Enhanced support for existing access products
* Proper display of ALT text and STANDBY text for speech access programs
* Supporting high contrast mode for low vision users
* Other keyboard shortcuts.

I don't think that there is any need to curtail your enthusiasm for
Internet Explorer.  We are living up to our announcement of make an
increasingly accessible WWW browser.  When a patch becomes available for
your software, I hope you will give Internet Explorer another chance.

Thanks,

Chris Serflek
Microsoft Corp.