Re: BGSOUND, no need for it

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Carl Morris wrote:

> I also challenge anyone to prove that any tag is style only or isn't at
> all style...  The arguements on content and style need to thought out
> much more carefully...  at least as it refers to HTML...

It is generally thought good practise to "lurk", i.e. to read messages
without posting, when you first join a list, so you can get a feel for the
opinions and the topics discussed. It is also necessary to read up on
necessary literature before posting. I will not go into the details of what
you ask. HTML is specifically a *content* markup language, and has nothing
to do with presentation whatsoever. Please go over to www.w3.org and read a
couple of things before trying to debate that almost everyone here takes for
granted. You are posting to www-style, which is a list about stylesheets on
the Web, and these stylesheets where created specifically to remove
presentational markup from HTML. I for one refuse to discuss this any
further.

= Stephanos Piperoglou = stephanos@hol.gr = http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/ =
  Four lines in a .sig can't say enough about why you should visit my page!
"I want peace on earth and good will toward man"
"We're the United States Government, we don't do that sort of thing!"
                                    [ from the film "Sneakers" ]

                                                       ...oof porothika! (tm)