Re:

On 5 jan 2010, at 11:51, Florin Stati wrote:

> Hi, a Happy new year!
>
> I would like to find out if Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (small portions-excerpts of SMIL code ) may be freely (free of charge) used by webdesigners on their projects , or they have to buy a license?

Florin,
SMIL itself is completely free to use any way you want. It is really only the language specification.

If you want an *implementation* of SMIL there are also various free solutions. The W3C SMIL homepage, <http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/> lists quite a few, but let me put in a plug in here for our player: <http://www.ambulantplayer.org>.