Re:

On 7 jan 2010, at 20:24, Herlein Greg wrote:

> Not SMIL3 but the Grass Valley MediaEdge STB and the IAdea digital media players support SMIL.
>
> I am looking for SMIL authoring systems - know of any?

Not SMIL 3, but there's LimSee2 <http://limsee2.gforge.inria.fr/> and LimSee3 <http://limsee3.gforge.inria.fr/public-site/about.html> from Inria. Despite the names these are not different version of the same thing, but different projects with slightly related goals. LimSee2 is first and foremost a SMIL2 editor, with a bit of a tech-angle to it (i.e. it's pretty powerful, but it really helps if you know the SMIL spec well). LimSee3 is a followon project, it is more template-based and should be able to generate not only SMIL but also other languages. It shouldn't require as much SMIL knowledge from the user.

The older stuff (GRiNS, Real Slideshow) probably isn't worth mentioning anymore. But if you're really interested the W3C SMIL page has some links.