RE: my notes on our group discussion today on RDF Query via XQuery, in WWW-2003 BOF on RDF Query&Rules

Right.

I'm still a big fan of querying RDF with RDF
(c.f. http://sw.nokia.com/RDFQ.html) but I think
there is merit in looking at a fully or mostly
compatible variant of XQuery that is applicable
to RDF knowledge bases; for the benefit of folks
who work alot with both XML and RDF.

The solution may be as simple as positing an XML
syntax that precisely corresponds the abstract RDF
graph syntax, which may also meet the needs of
those wanting a canonical RDF/XML serialization.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what develops...

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com