RE: RDF and OWL rules

Andy's
> Query and Rule languages Use Cases and Examples
> (http://rdfstore.sourceforge.net/2002/06/24/rdf-query/)?
>
> Are your aware of Stefan, Mike, and Deborah's
> Requirements and Use Cases for a Semantic Web Rule Language
> (http://www.isi.edu/~stefan/rules/20030325/)?
>
> Also, the RuleML Initiative already started a library of RuleML
rulebases:
> http://www.ruleml.org/#Library
>
> In RuleML we've been recently working on Object-Oriented RuleML and
> its preliminary page, linking to talks, the RALOCA e-learning
application,
> and an early XSLT implementation:
>
> http://www.ruleml.org/indoo
>
> In particular, here are possible relationships between OO RuleML and
RDF:

> http://www.ruleml.org/indoo/ruleml-swarch.pdf
> (http://www.ruleml.org/indoo/ruleml-swarch.ppt)
>
> Perhaps the query examples there can help you with an RDFQL-in-RuleML
> encoding.
>
> On Wednesday, the RuleML Steering Committee will discuss about how the
> RuleML
> Initiative might best contribute to RDF, RDF Query, and RDF Rules.
> Input is most welcome!
>
> Best,
> Harold

Thanks, I'll take a look at the references you give (those I haven't
seen already).

Here's an example of what I've been working on (assuming the attachment
makes it through) - it's a set of rulebases (in RDFQL) followed by some
automated testing scripts to test the rules against the owl test cases.

I imagine that there is a class of users out there who must be doing
similar things for systems with similar capabilities. If so, I'd like to
pool our efforts if possible. I'd be happy of course if everyone decided
to use RDFQL for this purpose :-) but imagine that using something more
non-denominational (like ruleml) might be more appealing to a wider
audience.

Rgds,

Geoff