Re: comment on /2001/11/13-RDF-Query-Rules/ re 'single arc languages'

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 01:22:09PM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> >>Versa does not not work naturally with cartesian products, but I
> >>think that any query of the sort Eric charaterizes can be expressed
> >>in Versa, though the results are usually not pretty.
> >>

> >If you show me how, I'll put it in the query survey.
> >

> I think I've lost the thread.  I thought you were talking about this
> single/multi arc distinction in the archives.  Did you post a paritcular
> example of a query which requires aggregation from a cartesian product?
> If so, please re-post it, or post a pointer to it, and I'll see if I can
> work ut a Versa equivalent.

Oops, should have given you the pointer -- I slacked for a moment and
paid the price.

There is a query defined at the top of a query/rules survey [1] which
i use to compare the different protocol query languages. If you
express this query in versa, I'll have what I need to drop it into the
survey.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/13-RDF-Query-Rules/
--
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
cell:   +1.857.222.5741

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.