Re: comment on /2001/11/13-RDF-Query-Rules/ re 'single arc languages'

Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 01:08:42PM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>

>>>I think Versa might be one of these 'single arc' types - see
>>>http://uche.ogbuji.net:8080/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/rdf/versa/versa.doc?xslt=/ftss/data/docbook_html1.xslt
>>>
>>>and especially
>>>
>>>http://uche.ogbuji.net:8080/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/rdf/versa/versa-by-example.txt
>>>

>> Versa does not not work naturally with cartesian products, but I
>>think that any query of the sort Eric charaterizes can be expressed
>>in Versa, though the results are usually not pretty.
>>

>If you show me how, I'll put it in the query survey.

I think I've lost the thread.  I thought you were talking about this
single/multi arc distinction in the archives.  Did you post a paritcular
example of a query which requires aggregation from a cartesian product?
If so, please re-post it, or post a pointer to it, and I'll see if I can
work ut a Versa equivalent.

Universal Business Language (UBL) - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think16.html
EXSLT by example - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-exslt.html
The worry about program wizards - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=7238