Re: SquishQL/RDQL Comments

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 11:08  PM, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

>> Do you pass the test cases for such a style of language?
>> Libby, Alberto and myself have been getting tests cases
>> together.  See www-rdf-rules and the regular IRC chat.
>
> Do you possibly have a more specific pointer? It's been agreed that
> RDF query test cases should be housed centrally at
> /2003/03/rdfqr-tests, no? That page still says that "[t]here are
> currently no tests stored here".

well done Sean! I am also glad to see one more SquishQL/RDQL
implementation appearing out there :)

there are is a ref to Libby's testing repository into the
"Implementations" section of the rdfqr page

http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/tests/

she bundled together her SquishQL conjunctive tests, RDQL jena and
rdfstore ones - there are some README files in there which should help
you to set up and run your python tests. All tests assume bArcs are
allowed and bNodes are being used to flag binding vars into input query
N-Triple-patterns for simplicity.

> For the squishql.py parser that I wrote yesterday, I've only used the
> test files that Libby has provided for SquishQL. The files parsed
> correctly, but I haven't yet set up a full test harness that performs
> Web queries--i.e. I've only tested the parser, and not its hookup to
> my query engine so far.

at the moment, mine and Libby's attempts (see repository) are simply
trying to check the query parsers/engines and count the number of
results - Andy is doing more using jena graph equality/isomorphism
stuff on returned sub-graphs. Some basic interoperability seems
possible. More ideas or suggestions are welcome

cheers

Alberto