R:RDF query testcases?

Hi. Apologies if I'm not catching the topic correctly (I've no time to read
carefully all the newsgroup mails).

I wrote some code in Jena to express a query as an RDF graph and to send it
to remote query processor that executes it.

Instead of "SELECT ?a,?b ... WHERE ... USING", I write a rdf:description of
the query, saying
"there is a query having a select with 2 variables, named a,b, this WHERE
clause, etc ...".
The receiving processor interprets the description of the query, composes a
regular SELECT clause, and executes it.
The answer also is returned as a rdf:description, saying:
"this is the answer to such a query, it was composed this way, it consists
in a result set with n results, with the given variables bound to these
values, ....."

Such a description helps me to realize some additional service, like:
- add other parameters to the query, not allowed by the SELECT syntax
- store the query for subsequent reuse
- identify the query (with a URI) as an existing 'desire' of somebody
- reason about the query (e.g. splitting it in subqueries)

As a ?side? effect, the query itself now is a resource in the semantic web,
so I could have another query looking for (a query looking for something). A
good tool for sellers, isn't? :-)

The experiment works pretty good, and I would like to compare it with other
similar experiments.

? Is it in the topic of this thread? (again apologies if it isn't)

? There exist some running activity on this approach in represesenting
queries ? Could you inform me about that ?

Thanks
Andrea Chiodi (andrea.chiodi@mail.inet.it)

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/plan/workpackages/live/esw-wp-7.html