Re: Inferring Class Membership w/o OWL Full?

>For those who didn't follow the debates on the webont mailing list, I
>should perhaps draw your attention to the sad history of Pat's morbid
>obsession with DLs. I had hoped that having recognised the problem [1]
>(the first and hardest step) he would by now be well on the road to
>recovery. Sadly, it would appear that this is not the case. In fact
>this is not Pat's first relapse [2], so perhaps we shouldn't be
>surprised.
>
>Ian
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0411.html
>[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Dec/0092.html

Perhaps also not uncharacteristically, Ian manages to simultaneously
be insulting, offensively ad-hominem and to mislead the unwary
reader.  The acknowledgement in [1] was to a completely unrelated
misunderstanding arising in part from my reaction to an extended
series of memoranda claiming to show that (what is now called)
OWL-Full was impossible, by a specious reference to the set-theoretic
paradoxes, but also in part, I concede, from my own ignorance of DL
metatheory at that time. The opinions I expressed in [2] are
unrelated to [1] , are not a 'relapse' - to acknowledge that DLs are
a subset of FOL is not to endorse the basing of the entire SW effort
on that subset - and I still hold them, and will continue to hold
them.

I won't react to such jibes in future, but the record should be set straight.

Pat