Re: properties with classes as values?

Thanks, Dan.  A couple remarks near the end ...

Dan Connolly wrote:

> David Martin wrote:
> [...]
> > So I think my challenge is still open - that is, to declare that:
> >
> >    the range of myProperty is the set of subclasses of #Animal.
>
> I needed that idiom too, the other day, when transcribing
> the XML infoset spec; so I made it up:

Yes, this (:setOf) seems very useful.  One little nitpik - Assuming I
understand your :setOf correctly, wouldn't it be clearer to say
"C is the class of finite SUBsets of E."?
And call the property "subsetsOf", or perhaps "powerSetOf"?

Also, I'm not entirely clear as to why the domain should be :Set instead
of rdfs:Class.  In my example, I wanted to specify the set of all
subclasses of, say, class #Animal.  Is #Animal in the domain of :setOf?

Anyway, I'm not knowledgeable as to the status of files in the "03swell"
directory.  Can we look forward to having this included in some future
release of DAML+OIL?  Or is it already, in some sense, in the language?

Regards,

- David Martin