Re: DAML-ONT: the case for closedness

by "Everything"
> is exactly the the interpretation of "A or not A" and
thus you must
> not add new definitional axioms for "Everything"?

I wonder if the "claimant" mechanism in SHOE could not help
here...
Each fact has an associated (set of) claimant.
The claimant for an infered fact is computed from the
claimants of the facts used for inference.

Ex:
if Jeromes claims that "a car has 4 wheels" and some other
things about cars,
if the I claim that "my car has 6 wheels"
one could find a contradiction, but she could also detect
that the contradiction araised because she believed both of
us ; then she could keep a sound model kby choosing which
one she believes.

 Pierre-Antoine
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com