Re: XMLLiterals and language

Jeremy--

As an American mother-tongue speaker, I'm not sure how I'm to parse your
first sentence :-)

Nevertheless, isn't how the text is to be pronounced a separate issue?
It seems to me some separate metadata would be needed to adequately deal
with (a) what language it is ("chat" in English vs. French is an
oft-used example) vs. (b) how it's to be pronounced;  e.g., the same
English speech could be read in fluent English for a serious effect vs.
"broken" English in a comedy routine (and this without even considering
stuff like how native Texans and New Englanders pronounce ordinary
American English!)  Does overloading all this onto xml:lang really make
sense?

--Frank