Re: N-Triples Parser for Python

Hi Kendall, Sean, Ivan, RDF Interest,

While we're doing a bit of show and tell, I've implemented a fast
mysql database store on top of rdflib for my veudas project. It's
based (now loosely) around Steve Harris' excellent 3store design, but
is indexed 6 ways like kowari and written entirely in python using the
python/mysql drivers.

There's a demo of it running on my site - I've stuck the wordnet data
in it, along with a subproperty assertion linking wnet:wordforms to
rdfs:labels. This means you should be able to search for any wordnet
word via the label search.  (back-chained subproperty inferences on
the fly)

http://www.phildawes.net/temporary/veudas-0.6pre3/browse.html

(N.B. this is dirt-cheap webspace at 20 quid a year, so don't expect
it to be super fast!).
(N.B.2 there's also no access restrictions. Please don't delete the
data ;-)

There's a query engine supporting a subset of sparql (including
SOURCE, construct and optional). The parser is just a crappy regex one
that I knocked up in an afternoon. - I'd love to be able to replace
that with a proper parser.

If anybody is interested (and brave enough), they can download a
pre-release cut of the source code (GPL) at:
http://www.sf.net/projects/veudas

There are installation instructions, but the install is a bit rough
and ready - it requires knowledge of apache + mysql and you might have
to fight it a bit.

Also I'd love something similar to sparta[1] in rdflib. Oh, and
named-graph support. :-)

Cheers,

Phil

[1] http://www.mnot.net/blog/2004/08/21/sparta