Re: [media_and_entertainment] VOD streaming without webpage

Edmond Ye <edmondye@excite.com> wrote:

> I don't want to maintain a webpage for my VOD list. I wonder
> if there is a service that lets my viewers get a VOD list
> instead of a webpage, and select my media streams for them.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Edmond Ye

Edmond,

By and large, I think what you are looking for doesn't exist yet and probably won't for another year or so.  There are protocols currently under development which will enable media owners and aggregators to work in concert to distribute content to the public.  See, for example:

http://www.dmmp.org

Beyond that, I believe that you can get listed in the proprietary directories maintained by Microsoft, Real, Shoutcast and others *if* you encode and serve with their software.

Regards,

--- Stephen