Re: Revised draft of CBD

Hi Patrick :-) I really think the concept of MSG (minimal self containe
graph [1]) should pop in place ..
a Symmetric CBD (which i'll call it RDFN [1] since this definition came
earlier ;-) )
is really made of  the union of all the MSG .
BASICALLY you can think there is one MSG per outgoing triple.. but not
quite.. in case of 2 triples having the same blank node as a target this
is not true (but this case is covered ) . The reason why MSG are worth
mentioning is that they are the minimal unit of contributed information
and can have a digital signature on themself in a elegant way, that is,
just a single reified triple.  I know the "quadruple" people probably
dont have need for this but since in DBin [2] we're sticking to the good
old triple model we kind of like this.

being that the term "minimal" is pretty justified (in msg) and that a
SCBD/RDFN is a list of them  maybe a  possile name could be List of
Minimal Annotation(s)? LMA ? dont know. Just ideas here. of course :-)

I am fairly entusiastic about this sort of things :-) the computational
tractability of RDFNs are what make them.. a great tool for semantic web
spread really.. as they allow "open" p2p scenarios (as we argue in the
paper, those whee you dont want otheres to be ideally capable of hogging
your server with a single query). ..
So shall we open a project collecting all the open source( NON GPL, will
the nokia stuff on sourceforge be non gpl? ) implementations and tools ?
i'll start contributing with the fore mentioned signign APIs
Maybe it might be a good idea to make a formal paper about these
definitions/properties/apis ? :-) private communication will follow.

[1]  Toward widely deployable Semantic Web P2P: tools, definitions and
the RDFGrowth algorithm.

http://www.dbin.org/twiki/pub/About/WebHome/RDFGROWth_workshopISWC2004.pdf
[2]  www.dbin.org