RE: Programming languages

At 09:58 26/03/04 -0500, Stephane Fellah wrote:
>I am not a heavy LISP developer, but it would be interesting to add LISP
>to your list. I have the impression that LISP (a least logic programming)
>will come back in a big way with the Semantic Web Phase 2. Some
>initiatives such as DRS (
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/2004Jan/att-0024/DRSguide.pdf)
>makes me think that we will have a Logic program based on RDF
>formalization (sort of LISP program in RDF that can carried out on the web
>in portable way). I think imperative language such as Java, Python are not
>adequate to be used on the SW.

While we're banging the drum for non-imperative approaches, there's also my
experimentation with using Haskell [1].

At this time, there's nothing "industrial strength" here, but I am finding
the software I've written in Haskell tends to be very solid, and, without
any optimization, performs comparably with Python.

#g
--

[1] http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/Swish/Intro.html

Graham Klyne