Re: Turtle terse rdf triple language updates

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:06:52 +0000, Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:

> At 15:26 25/03/04 +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
> >The second was a new feature to make OWL constraints much easier to
> >type; the addition of integer literals.  These are non-negative
> >decimal integers with an xsd:integer datatype, again matching what
> >cwm does for such things. This added another new grammar term
> >http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/2004/01/turtle/#integer
>
> My recollection is that the OWL cardinalities are expressed as
> xsd:nonNegativeInteger values.  It's not clear to me that RDF has a way to
> allow xsd:integer values where these are required, though I think the other
> way would work through datatype subclass membership; e.g.:
>
>     _:x a xsd:nonNegativeInteger .
>     xsd:nonNegativeInteger rdfs:subClassOf xsd:integer .
> |-
>     _:x a xsd:integer .
>
> But not the other way round.

OWL also allows xsd:integer and this is what cwm uses/generates.  I discussed
this with Tim and Dan and we came to the conclusion it was a better choice.

If you read the changelog in the turlle page, I give the links to the
parts of the OWL documents.

Dave