Re: a bnode URI scheme?!

Geoff Chappell wrote:
> RDF Gateway has a merge method on its datasource object that allows you
> to merge one set of triples with another, removing redundant triples in
> the process. For method docs w/example see:
>
> http://www.intellidimension.com/pages/rdfgateway/reference/script/dataso
> urce_merge.rsp
>
> It's intended to deal with the problem you describe below, more than it
> is to reduce a graph to lean form.

Isn't that nearly always going to be wrong?  I mean just because an
bnode has the same properties (say first name and last name or even just
first name) doesn't mean they are the same thing.

>>A use-case where this is needed is the versioning of rdf models -- as

>>model changes over time and a version control system merges the
>
> changes
>
>>in, bNodes will proliferate (in particular list bNodes created by
>>parseType="collection" ). I'm actually encountering this issue right
>
> now
>
>>with Rhizome, my content management system that treats everything as
>
> RDF
>
>>(rx4rdf.sf.net).

There are other ways to version RDF models.  There's basically three
levels of grouping that I'm aware of:

1/ Dropping and adding whole models.
2/ Constructing larger models from unions and intersections of others.
3/ Selecting a single resource, by its properties, then removing it.

These should probably all be done in transactions too.

In other use cases I think it would be *more* important to keep as many
statements as possible not throw them away.