Re: rdfs:seeAlso Re: Semantic E-mail

I can only speak for myself, but the primary usage I see is exactly
this: if I know someone's FOAF file, I put a seeAlso link to it in
their description in my file.

It tells a crawler "get this file for more information about this
resource".

So, for instance data that seems to make sense.

For the original suggested usage ("promote partial understanding by
usage of rdfs:seeAlso in its schema") --- i.e. using seeAlso in an
ontology, presumably as an aid to translation tools --- I'm less sure.

An ontology itself could have a seeAlso link to another RDF file
containing versioning or Dublin Core meta-data; that seems like a
reasonable use, separating things out.

-Richard