Re: client side rdf ->xsl -> html

Hi

Gerrit Kuilder wrote:

> this might be a stupid question but I cnt find the solution.
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers" ;-)

> In internet explorer I get the html but sofar I have had no luck in
> Mozilla and/or Netscape
Does your build of Mozilla have the TransforMiix module?  This is the
XSLT processing engine for Mozilla.  I refer you to Axel Hecht's page at
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xslt/>.  Hopefully the FAQ there should
help you on your way.

> Although I tend to go into the direction of re-generating the html when
> I update the  rdf, it ould be nice to let it happen on the browser side
Herein lies a big problem.  Unless you have control over the user agent
(browser) used by your user group, such as in an intranet situation, you
can run into problems.

> Anyone any tips or pointers?
Unless you have your own server this may not be much use, but I prefer
to render content on-the-fly.  If you have a busy site, render and cache.

> BTW, if someone nows of some clever perl/cgi code to edit rdf's that
> would also be nice....
There is a Perl module for RDF storage - you may have to put your own
code around this.

Try:
<http://dmoz.org/Reference/Libraries/Library_and_Information_Science/Technical_Services/Cataloguing/Metadata/RDF/Tools/>

If the link gets mangled by the list software and you can't resolve it,
Google is your friend:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=rdf+edit+perl>

Hope this helps.

Cheers