Re: In-Depth Genealogy Ontology

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 02:02, Matthew Smith wrote:
Sounds like good stuff.
> The actual working system that I plan to get out of this will be based on:
> * Perl
I wish that perl 6 would be out RSN:-< I use perl from time to time, but
it has few things I don't like. perl 6 revelations and other documents,
describe a really neat language, even fixes a few of my pet peeves. I
still use c,c++,python, and other stuff for most things.
> * MySQL
I'm more of a postgres person. http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html
and other stuff. They both are really good for a lot of stuff.
> I am assuming that browser support
> will soon be available allowing me to bring into the equation:
> * Xforms
The mozilla people have open bug on that. It needs lots of other work in
other areas to even get to xforms support. Nobody at mozilla seems
interested to actually get the work done as of yet. I don't know if I'd
count on it. Maybe things have changed since I last heard though.
> * SVG
The Moz I built from source has SVG, enabled it doesn't cover all the
test cases well and is incomplete. I don't know it's current status.