Re: peer-to-peer schema models: "Users, not designers, create and communicate meaning."

WYMIWYG KnoBot [1] provides a CMS system designed to exchange contents
on a P2P basis,  it uses RSS-Feeds containing relevance information. The
user defines "topics" and defines relations of different relevance to
other topics (own or of other users), the individual articles are
manually associated to a topics and automatically (with lower relevance)
to all relating topics (this may include copying to another host). Other
users may manually re-rate content influencing how much an article is
perceived in their environment. All data is stored in a Jena RDF-Model
and  exchanged over http. It is not a typical p2p software in that it
has no peer-discovery but relies on existing social networks. Exchanging
the definitions of rdfs-classes by the same means is not currently
implemented but I think that this would be possible as well.

You may download an early version from [2], it should take only two
double-click to install and launch, I would appreciate any feedback.

reto

1. http://wymiwyg.org/knobot (the site itself is powered by knobot)
2. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=83223 (file
11735721 bytes)