RE: RDF and speech acts

I would be interested in that, too. We are missing some philosophical
stuff here. If you find anything, please post it here.

I remember the "URI crisis", that tackles the question of "what does a
URI identify?". Especially the problem of "how do i represent love?"

http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/identitycrisis.html
http://www.w3.org/2002/11/dbooth-names/dbooth-names_clean.htm
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/HTTP-URI

Here is something cut/n/pasted from my diploma thesis about identifying
general concepts (like "red"):

A URI can be used to identify an abstract concept. Again we have an
example, the identification of  the concept of "love". A solution here
would be to use WordNet  identifiers for the meaning of English words,
as Dan Brickley suggested in [Brickley2001]. According to his definition
(and a correction by Libby Miller [Miller2003]), "love" could be
expressed with this URI.

"http://xmlns.com/wordnet/1.6/love-4".
Figure 6 The "Love" URI

Some common concepts can be identified with this method, Dan Brickley
and Libby Miller used it to identify the concept of a "person" in their
FOAF, project. [FOAF].

hth
Leo Sauermann
www.gnowsis.com