RE: Why Rdf?

Hello Federico,

RDF is not a programming language and cannot be "compared" with JSP or
Servlets.

You write your normal servlets and it is fine if you keep your data in a
relational database. Make the UI in HTML, fine. Normally, people use
RDBMS to store things and communicate with XML and now - RDF.

you mentioned that you do something in university sourroundings.
its a good idea to use RDF there, as an interchange format.

Some ideas to hook you:

- If you start a RDF project at your university now, people will have a
head start into the future.

- Publish your lecture dates & times with Sherpasuite RDF:
http://www.sherpasuite.com/index.html
(you have to wait until release)

- publish your news with RSS (like the other 15.000 organisations that
already do)
http://www.syndic8.com/
http://web.resource.org/rss/1.0/spec

- scratch your research results from the databases and publish them in
CERIF
(Common European Research Information Format):
http://www.eurocris.org/

greetings
Leo Sauermann
www.gnowsis.com